Revamped the existing bug filing interface (enter bug.cgi) into a single page interface reducing the multi-hop db access, unnecessary template rendering etc. This enhances the speed and performance in bug filing.
- BITS Darshini: A Modular, Concurrent Protocol Analyzer Workbench
P. Talasila, M. Kakrambe S. Santy, A. Rai, N. Goveas, B. Deshpande
Proc. ACM ICDCN, 2018
Study and Implementation of Critical Protocol Analysis
- Spawned a cross-collaboration workbench for BITS Darshini, a modular, concurrent, cus- tomizable protocol analyzer. This is implemented for sharing the experiments among researchers and experts (for review) in order to save resources on analysis of large pcap files involved in the process.
- Developed a vagrant deployment of the application for cross-platform installation.
- Modularized and refactored BackboneJS based client module. Decoupled the persistence code from the rest of the codebase.
Analytics Sensor Test-Kit for Advanced Process Control
- Designing a proof-of-concept IoT scalable interface to gather data from sensors installed at the waste water treatment site. This work is in collaboration with Ohio University, Cranfield University, and Caltech.
- Used XbeeS2C which supports socket-based streaming and static data transfer.
- Further work involves powering the sensors (deployed on organic farm) using Microbial Fuel Cells.
AutolabCLI: Command Line Interface for AutolabJS
- Developed a CLI for AutolabJS which helps in committing the code to local gitlab server, submit the code from gitlab server to the evaluation nodes and retrieve the results using a socket connection.
- Published on npm and currently in use for programming labs at the university.